Wednesday 6 June 2012

Stonger kicks...

I'm sitting here on our couch, feeling lots of little kicks, rolls  and punches. They are getting stronger, more recognisable and much more frequent. It is an indescribable feeling that I absolutely love.
Tonight, since I am having some quite time by myself... I pull up my shirt and just watch and wait.... I can almost predict when and where these little jabs are coming ( I guess I can feel alot more than I thought)...
And then I see it... a little bump in my belly come and go. I can't even help but to smile and let out a little giggle. Every little kick feels like confirmation that our little babe is getting bigger and stronger. Especially since it is not just little flutters anymore--
I'm sure I am driving Robby crazy, but I think he understands. Everytime I get a few strong jabs in a row-- I call him over to "feel the baby". Of course, his rugged man hands usually just miss all the action. He assures be that eventually he'll feel it... but I think I am excited for when he gets that first punch too.

Its incredible how connected these little movements have made me feel. They can strike at any time, and its fun to try to figure out patterns of when baby seems to move around more.  I'm realising how much I actually hold and rub my baby already... and how for the next 4 months or so, I'm the only one who gets to have this special 24/7 kind of bond.

Okay- enough writing for tonight... these sensations are still new enough that they distract me at the moment they are happening to say or write anything intelligent... so off I go to sit, watch, feel, and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Jaclyn... how you make me smile and tear up at the same time! Brings back memories of how I felt carrying you many years ago. It really is such a special time.
    I am happy for you to be enjoying these moments..
    And especially happy that you are able to express, so beautifully, your thoughts and feelings.
    I am sure that I am not the only one reading this who is fondly reminiscing those beautiful, amazing feelings of carrying their children...each so special and unique!!
    I've loved you from the very first little "flutter"!
    xoxo your Momma

    ReplyDelete