Sunday 30 September 2012

Home stretch

If I had my baby right now... She would officially be considered full term. That said... I guess that it means that we are on the home stretch, and this whole birth thing is just around the corner.

I have been feeling a lot better these days. My back is functioning like normal and I no longer require assistance in on and off the toilet. I think that that has also helped boost my mood significantly... You know...being able to move freely, sleep, enjoy my days off again.
I'm much less grouchy.
Feeling a little more like myself--- just a chipmunk cheeked version of myself.........

I know it's happening. The chubby cheeks, wider nose, darker freckles ect ect... When I smile- especially in the morning when swelling is at its peak- my cheeks rise sooo high they start to decrease my vision. Why!! Haha...
I guess I can't complain too much, with only 3 weeks left... And should just embrace it? I'm trying, and I know it's all part of it. I should just be greatful that I still have ankles and knuckles and no stretch marks... Yet.... ( fingers crossed)

Last appointment went well. Everything is normal and right on track! The doctor predicted that babe is "long"... And has already started the " great decent" down into my pelvis. In fact- I was surprised when during my exam, the. doctor informed me that she touched the babies head with her finger. Eeek.. Too much information?? Haha.. Sorry... But with weekly visits... The dilation and cervix talk is bound to only get worst.
I almost didn't tell Robby that last bit of information--- I'm sure that puts all sorts of bad visions in his head ( but of course I couldn't keep it to myself )
Now, thinking back... I wish I had have asked her if she felt any hair... Haha...

Again- sorry for the visuals---

The one thing everyone keeps asking me as my due date quickly approaches.
"Are you excited? Are you ready to get that baby out??"

Truthfully... No. But not because I'm not happy. I think I'm just a late bloomer. In fact, I think I'm not ready to have her yet because I do feel happy. It took me a long time to get used to the idea of being pregnant and the fact that I will actually be someone's mother. I feel like I am just starting to really enjoy pregnancy, and really don't want these last few weeks to rush by so I can make up for all of those doubts and confused feelings at the beginning.
The more she kicks and wiggles around, the closer I am feeling to her...

I can't believe it's so close now. It's so surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment